torsdag 7 april 2016

Skriver brev till amerikansk ateist

Har börjat brevväxla med en seriemördare som sitter fängslad i Minnesota. Don't ask.

Han är ateist, och jag är agnostiker. Nyligen skrev jag detta argument för min ståndpunkt:

I’m with you that spirituality in a Christian (or Muslim, or Jewish) sense is a complete lie, but a part of me wants to reclaim the word from the religious demagogues. It IS a wonder to be alive on this Earth, albeit be it all too brief and often painful and confusing. There IS something magical, uncanny, mysterious, yes spiritual about deep space, something unexplainable about love, something majestic about certain types of music. I’m still agnostic in the sense that I acknowledge my lack of knowledge about the true origin of time and space and matter, but I do know that the Abrahamic God is a complete joke.

Precis så. I morgon lägger jag brevet på lådan och hoppas att han inser hur rätt jag har.

2019

(Edit 23/2-20: Tar en paus från bloggen, kanske för gott. Möjligt att tio års blajande får räcka. Men vem vet, en vacker dag kanske Fon åter...